Report of Elementary, Middle and High School Enrollment

외국인의 초중고 재학 신고


Registered foreigners between the ages of 6 and 18



You have to report whether you are attending school or not to the competent immigration office.

The schools subject to reporting are as follows.

  • Elementary School
  • Middle school
  • High school
  • Alternative school
  • Foreigner school



If you are entering elementary, middle, or high school for the first time, or you have entered a higher school (eg. middle school → high school), you have to report it within 15 days.

  • You don't have to report the grade change. eg. 1st grade → 2nd grade → 3rd grade
  • You have to report the school change.

Even if you are not currently attending school, you have to report it within 15 days. eg) homeschooling, withdrawal

  • You don't have to report the graduate.

You also have to report school enrollment in case of application as below.

  • Foreigner registration
  • Application regarding status of stay


Required documents

  • Report form (PDF)
  • Certificate of enrollment which is issued by the school

*Non-schoolers don't have to submit a certificate of enrollment.


Report procedure

Visit the competent immigration office or report via e-fax (1577-1346)

If you are under the age of 17 (up to the age of 16), your parents, etc. can make a report on your behalf.

Back to blog